Friday, July 24, 2020

Aerotropolis Regional Transportation Authority


I just ran across this bizarre website for the Aerotropolis Regional Transportation Authority.  I think it is bizarre because of the pretentious name and grandiose dreams.  They are planning on $174 million of transportation improvements in the above area before 2032.

In reality, I don't think any of that will ever happen except for building about 100 homes in the middle of the Aurora Highlands development.  Look at the existing map of the area, bounded by Picadilly, 56th Ave, Monaghan Road and 26th Avenue.


There is absolutely nothing there, except E-470 goes across it, and there is a small industrial site just north of 26th Avenue.  This is a huge area with 12 square miles of land, but there are no paved roads in that entire area, except for a short portion of Gun Club Road next to E-470.  And there are very few dirt roads (a short section of Powhaton Rd).

I wish them and The Aurora Highlands well, but I just don't see this happening, beyond the initial 100 homes, like I said.

1 comment: